Whitby, Ontario – The Durham Region Film Commission (Film Durham) will be hosting a career fair for students and adults looking for exciting careers in the film and television industry. With new film studios opening across Canada and the Greater Toronto Area, film and television production is rising at an extraordinary rate, providing high-quality job opportunities in Durham Region and beyond.
What: Attendees will have the opportunity to meet industry professionals; visit interactive displays; experience a behind-the-scenes look at the film and television industry; and learn about careers including:
- Cinematography and Camera
- Production Sound
- Costume Design
- Hair and Makeup
- Grip Department
- Actor or Performer
- Gaffer and Electrical
- Props Creation
- Art Department
- Visual Effects (FX)
- Assistant Director
- Post-Production Sound and Picture Editor
When: November 10, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Durham College – Ontario Tech University Campus, Recreation and Wellness Centre, 21 Avenue of Champions, Oshawa, Ontario.
Why: Durham Region plays an important role in Ontario’s multi-billion dollar film, television and digital media industry due to its proximity to Toronto’s production studios, film industry workforce, supporting businesses and unique blend of film locations.
Notes: To register for the Film and Television Industry Career Fair, visit FilmAndTVCareerFair.Eventbrite.ca.
For more information about Durham Region’s vibrant film and television industry, visit InvestDurham.ca/Film.
Durham Region is home to:
- The Durham Region International Film Festival (DRIFF)—an event showcasing inspiring films and filmmakers from Canada and across the globe.
- The DRIFF Shifting the Narrative: Emerging Filmmaker Incubator—an initiative that provides monetary and in-kind support to young filmmakers to foster, build and promote a vibrant, inclusive film culture in Durham Region.
- Countless film and television production sites, including a dedicated film studio, Canada’s largest filming backlot, and one of Canada’s top-10 filming locations.
- Natural and cultural heritage sites suitable for a wide range of film shoots—including scenic bridges, urban streetscapes, quaint downtowns, quarries, museums, rural settings, abandoned factories, rustic train stations and more.
– 30 –
For media requests, please contact [email protected].